|University of Wisconsin-Madison | Plant Growth Facilities |
The University of Wisconsin Botany Greenhouse welcomes visitors to participate in educational tours. Here are some important steps to a meaningful facility visit.
- Please allow 4 weeks to schedule the tour and arrange for the appropriate tour guide(s) to be assigned.
- Tours are limited to groups of 15 or less and are scheduled during the following times based on availability:
Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 1:30 to 3:30 pm
Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 10:30 am
- One adult chaperone should accompany every 3 students who are between 2 and 10 years of age.
- One adult chaperone should accompany every 5 students who are between 10 and 12 years of age.
- Greenhouse tours start at the main entrance of Birge Hall (Botany Department) on Lincoln Drive. The building is wheelchair accessible.
- Parking is generally available in the public ramps at Lake or Francis streets. For more information, please check Campus Map and Visitor Guide.
- Please note that the greenhouse is a working, teaching and research facility. As such, some hazards such as wet floors, hard bench edges, and spiny or poisonous plants may be present.
- Teachers/chaperones are responsible for the behavior of their children/students.
Please take these facility rules seriously:
- Look at the plants, but do not touch them.
- Move carefully in the greenhouses.
- Stay on the walkways.
- Keep doors closed.
- Please stress the importance of these facility rules to students and chaperones before the visit.
If your class has special requirements, please contact us in advance of your visit.
Tour Request ;
Contact Mo Fayyaz, Greenhouse/Garden Director.